Business Spanish at Languages4Life
Have a professional teacher sent to your place of work and study at a time convenient for you. Our Business Spanish courses are tailored to the needs of you and your company, to help you improve your Spanish for sales, marketing, networking, presentations, interviews, recruiting, etc. You will benefit greatly from this course if you need to use Spanish professionally.
Why do the Business Spanish course?
This course is ideal for you if:
- You run a business in Barcelona and want to engage with the Spanish market.
- You need to learn professional Spanish for your work.
- You manage a team of employees and want to help them develop professionally.
- You want classes at a convenient time in your place of work.
What will I learn in each level?
Our Spanish course levels follow the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The boxes below give a description of what you will learn at each level, once you complete level test we’ll know exactly which course to place you in.
A1 - BEGINNER
- Introduce yourself and meet other people.
- Describe people, objects, places, situations or weather.
- Express your likes and dislikes.
- Describe your family and friends.
- Describe the market, clothes and shopping.
- Make suggestions.
- Time, dates, numbers.
- Describe the seasons.
- Describe transport, cities, countries.
- Describe possessions.
A2 - LOWER INTERMEDIATE
- Describe routines and habits.
- Describe and narrate experiences and events in the past.
- Discuss diet and lifestyle.
- Use polite forms and give advice.
- Talk about the future and plans.
- Give directions and instructions.
- Describe appearances.
B1 - INTERMEDIATE
- Describe experiences, anecdotes, stories and tales of the past.
- Express your desires and feelings.
- Talk about hypothetical situations.
- Discuss fictional stories.
- Express and justify your opinions.
- Describe emotions and give advice.
- Describe and respond to the news and current events.
- Describe achievements.
- Discuss the environment and social issues.
B2 - UPPER INTERMEDIATE
- Participate in discussions and describe your viewpoint.
- Retell stories in other peoples’ words.
- Express hypothetical conditions.
- Give detailed and accurate explanations of preferences, descriptions, personal experiences.
- Tell anecdotes.
- Describe wishes and regrets.
- Discuss future hopes and plans.
- Discuss the arts and culture.
C1 - ADVANCED
- Express yourself with ease, spontaneity and effectiveness in social, academic and professional scenarios.
- Make jokes and use double meanings or irony.
- Be able to understand a wide variety of discourses: literary texts, films, scholarly articles, television, etc.
- Produce clear speech, fluent and well-structured with a controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- Speculate and use vague language.
- Discuss controversy.
- Use language of persuasion, frustration, criticism, evaluation, negotiation.
C2 - PROFICIENT
- Take part in any conversation or discussion with ease.
- Be able to understand with ease virtually everything you hear or read.
- Use idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms.
- Express yourself fluently and accurately while conveying nuances.
- Learn to overcome communication problems with discretion.
Prices are for groups of up to 6 students.
FUNDAE (Fundación Tripartita)
Most courses for employees are elegible for subsidies in Spain from La Fundación Tripartita para el empleo en el trabajo.
The amount awarded depends on the number of hours and students in the course, as well as the credit available to your company. Even the smallest companies have at least 420€ credit available annually. For larger groups – for example a group of more than 5 people – it is possible to obtain a subsidy to cover 100% of the cost in some cases. With smaller groups the subsidy covers part of the course cost.
To compensate the extra paperwork of applying for and justifying the subsidy, an administrative fee of 10% is charged and is also covered by the subsidy. If you have any questions or concerns about subsidies, you can contact us to find out more about what’s available.
Frequently asked questions
What will the classes be like?
The classes will be held in your place of work and typically in groups of 6 students sitting round a table. Our teachers are very adaptable and it’s not necessary to have a whiteboard or any specific equipment. The classes are all student centred, which means that the focus is on the students speaking and practising, led by the teacher. The classes are carefully prepared and structured by a professional teacher, with each lesson focussed around one or two topics and language points. There will also be plenty of time for reviewing and recycling previously learned material, giving you the practice necessary to achieve fluency in Spanish.