DELE exam preparation course at Languages4Life
DELE (Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera) is a prestigious qualification issued by the Cervantes Institute on behalf of the Spanish Government, and is the most widely recognised certificate to demonstrate your Spanish language skills. Improve your chances of passing the exam by studying at Languages4Life, with reduced group sizes, experienced teachers and a wonderful, supportive atmosphere.
You can choose between the following timetables:
210€/month for 4 hours/week
240€/month for 6 hours/week
Why do the DELE preparation course?
It is highly recommend that you sign up for a prepatory course before taking the exam. Our experienced teachers can tell you what to focus on, gives you tips for completing particular questions and guide you as to how to best prepare yourself for these exams.
This course is ideal for you if:
- You want a prestigious and internationally recognised certificate.
- You need to officially demonstrate your level of Spanish for a job.
- You are applying for Spanish citizenship.
What will I learn in each level?
The DELE exam levels follow the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The boxes below give a description of what you will learn at each level, once you complete level test we’ll know exactly which course to place you in.
A1 - BEGINNER
- Introduce yourself and meet other people.
- Describe people, objects, places, situations or weather.
- Express your likes and dislikes.
- Describe your family and friends.
- Describe the market, clothes and shopping.
- Make suggestions.
- Time, dates, numbers.
- Describe the seasons.
- Describe transport, cities, countries.
- Describe possessions.
A2 - LOWER INTERMEDIATE
- Describe routines and habits.
- Describe and narrate experiences and events in the past.
- Discuss diet and lifestyle.
- Use polite forms and give advice.
- Talk about the future and plans.
- Give directions and instructions.
- Describe appearances.
B1 - INTERMEDIATE
- Describe experiences, anecdotes, stories and tales of the past.
- Express your desires and feelings.
- Talk about hypothetical situations.
- Discuss fictional stories.
- Express and justify your opinions.
- Describe emotions and give advice.
- Describe and respond to the news and current events.
- Describe achievements.
- Discuss the environment and social issues.
B2 - UPPER INTERMEDIATE
- Participate in discussions and describe your viewpoint.
- Retell stories in other peoples’ words.
- Express hypothetical conditions.
- Give detailed and accurate explanations of preferences, descriptions, personal experiences.
- Tell anecdotes.
- Describe wishes and regrets.
- Discuss future hopes and plans.
- Discuss the arts and culture.
C1 - ADVANCED
- Express yourself with ease, spontaneity and effectiveness in social, academic and professional scenarios.
- Make jokes and use double meanings or irony.
- Be able to understand a wide variety of discourses: literary texts, films, scholarly articles, television, etc.
- Produce clear speech, fluent and well-structured with a controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- Speculate and use vague language.
- Discuss controversy.
- Use language of persuasion, frustration, criticism, evaluation, negotiation.
C2 - PROFICIENT
- Take part in any conversation or discussion with ease.
- Be able to understand with ease virtually everything you hear or read.
- Use idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms.
- Express yourself fluently and accurately while conveying nuances.
- Learn to overcome communication problems with discretion.
Why choose Languages4Life?
Mixture of nationalities
Frequently asked questions
What will the classes be like?
Fun, engaging and dynamic! You will be in a small group of students (8 maximum) and do a mixture of activities from both the textbook and interactive whiteboard. The classes are all student centred, which means that the focus is on the students speaking and practising, led by the teacher. The classes are carefully prepared and structured by a professional teacher, with each lesson focussed around one or two topics and language points. There will also be plenty of time for reviewing and recycling previously learned material, giving you the practice necessary to achieve fluency in Spanish.
What does 'immersion' mean?
Immersion means that from the moment you enter the classroom you will be encourage to speak only in Spanish. You may be wondering, "how can I speak and understand Spanish if I've just started learning?" The answer is that all our qualified and professionally trained teachers use a range of techniques to help a student understand, without using any translation.
I feel shy about speaking Spanish, how can you help me?
It's completely normal to feel shy or silly speaking another language for the first time. All of our teachers are experienced professionals and are here to gently encourage you in the classroom. You won't be put on the spot and you won't be made to talk if you are uncomfortable. We strictly limit our groups to 8 people maximum (the average group size is about 5 students per class) so you won't feel overwhelmed. You'll also enjoy our excellent customer service - all our coordination and reception staff are very friendly and helpful and are here to make your time at the school as pleasant and stress-free as possible!
I am a complete beginner. Does the teacher speak my language?
All of our Spanish teachers speak some English. They always aim to do the entire class in Spanish and are successful most of the time, but they can help you out with the occasional English translation if necessary. There are also several translation tools available online if you don't speak English. You will be amazed at what you can understand and say, with the correct structure and guidance from an experienced teacher!
What is the communicative approach?
The communicative approach is a method of language teaching that emphasises students interacting in real, 'authentic' scenarios in order to learn a language. Nowadays it is considered one of the most effective ways of learning a language. You can read more about it here.
Which level is best for me?
You will complete a thorough level test with one of our experienced teachers in order to place you in the most appropriate level. This consists of an initial online test, followed by a speaking and listening test completed at the school. Once we have studied the results we'll let you know shortly afterwards which group is best for you. If you feel the group is too easy / too challenging we can easily move you into a different one more appropriate for you. You can start the online level test here.
Click to find out more: