Evening Spanish courses at Languages4Life
Study at a steady pace and build up your confidence speaking Spanish. The classes are highly communicative with a heavy focus on speaking and listening, but you’ll also cover reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. You’ll benefit from regular classes with our first-class teachers and be speaking Spanish confidently both in and out of the classroom
Course dates (online until further notice)
|Evening 3h/week||Spanish||A1||1st June||26th June||Tuesday & Thursday||19.30-21.00||130€||Book now|
|Evening 3h/week||Spanish||A2||1st June||26th June||Monday & Wednesday||19.30-21.00||130€||Book now|
|Evening 3h/week||Spanish||B2 Conversation||1st June||26th June||Tuesday & Thursday||18.00-19.30||130€||Book now|
Why evening Spanish lessons?
This course is ideal for you if:
- You work regular hours and don’t have much free time.
- You live in Barcelona and want to feel confident speaking Spanish.
- You enjoy regular study.
What will I learn in each level?
Our Spanish course levels follow the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The boxes below give a description of what you will learn at each level, once you complete level test we’ll know exactly which course to place you in.
A1 - BEGINNER
- Introduce yourself and meet other people.
- Describe people, objects, places, situations or weather.
- Express your likes and dislikes.
- Describe your family and friends.
- Describe the market, clothes and shopping.
- Make suggestions.
- Time, dates, numbers.
- Describe the seasons.
- Describe transport, cities, countries.
- Describe possessions.
A2 - LOWER INTERMEDIATE
- Describe routines and habits.
- Describe and narrate experiences and events in the past.
- Discuss diet and lifestyle.
- Use polite forms and give advice.
- Talk about the future and plans.
- Give directions and instructions.
- Describe appearances.
B1 - INTERMEDIATE
- Describe experiences, anecdotes, stories and tales of the past.
- Express your desires and feelings.
- Talk about hypothetical situations.
- Discuss fictional stories.
- Express and justify your opinions.
- Describe emotions and give advice.
- Describe and respond to the news and current events.
- Describe achievements.
- Discuss the environment and social issues.
B2 - UPPER INTERMEDIATE
- Participate in discussions and describe your viewpoint.
- Retell stories in other peoples’ words.
- Express hypothetical conditions.
- Give detailed and accurate explanations of preferences, descriptions, personal experiences.
- Tell anecdotes.
- Describe wishes and regrets.
- Discuss future hopes and plans.
- Discuss the arts and culture.
C1 - ADVANCED
- Express yourself with ease, spontaneity and effectiveness in social, academic and professional scenarios.
- Make jokes and use double meanings or irony.
- Be able to understand a wide variety of discourses: literary texts, films, scholarly articles, television, etc.
- Produce clear speech, fluent and well-structured with a controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- Speculate and use vague language.
- Discuss controversy.
- Use language of persuasion, frustration, criticism, evaluation, negotiation.
C2 - PROFICIENT
- Take part in any conversation or discussion with ease.
- Be able to understand with ease virtually everything you hear or read.
- Use idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms.
- Express yourself fluently and accurately while conveying nuances.
- Learn to overcome communication problems with discretion.
Why choose Languages4Life?
Mixture of nationalities
Frequently asked questions
What will the classes be like?
Fun, engaging and dynamic! You will be in a small group of students (8 maximum) and do a mixture of activities from both the textbook and interactive whiteboard. The classes are all student centred, which means that the focus is on the students speaking and practising, led by the teacher. The classes are carefully prepared and structured by a professional teacher, with each lesson focussed around one or two topics and language points. There will also be plenty of time for reviewing and recycling previously learned material, giving you the practice necessary to achieve fluency in Spanish.
What does 'immersion' mean?
Immersion means that from the moment you enter the classroom you will be encourage to speak only in Spanish. You may be wondering, "how can I speak and understand Spanish if I've just started learning?" The answer is that all our qualified and professionally trained teachers use a range of techniques to help a student understand, without using any translation.
I feel shy about speaking Spanish, how can you help me?
It's completely normal to feel shy or silly speaking another language for the first time. All of our teachers are experienced professionals and are here to gently encourage you in the classroom. You won't be put on the spot and you won't be made to talk if you are uncomfortable. We strictly limit our groups to 8 people maximum (the average group size is about 5 students per class) so you won't feel overwhelmed. You'll also enjoy our excellent customer service - all our coordination and reception staff are very friendly and helpful and are here to make your time at the school as pleasant and stress-free as possible!
I am a complete beginner. Does the teacher speak my language?
All of our Spanish teachers speak some English. They always aim to do the entire class in Spanish and are successful most of the time, but they can help you out with the occasional English translation if necessary. There are also several translation tools available online if you don't speak English. You will be amazed at what you can understand and say, with the correct structure and guidance from an experienced teacher!
What is the communicative approach?
The communicative approach is a method of language teaching that emphasises students interacting in real, 'authentic' scenarios in order to learn a language. Nowadays it is considered one of the most effective ways of learning a language. You can read more about it here.
Which level is best for me?
You will complete a thorough level test with one of our experienced teachers in order to place you in the most appropriate level. This consists of an initial online test, followed by a speaking and listening test completed at the school. Once we have studied the results we'll let you know shortly afterwards which group is best for you. If you feel the group is too easy / too challenging we can easily move you into a different one more appropriate for you. You can start the online level test here.
Click to find out more: