Languages4Life believes that all students have sufficient motivation and interest to pursue their curriculum satisfactorily. Thus it is essential to follow basic rules of behavior at the school and beyond.
Languages4Life agrees to make available its educational services, accommodation, free services and extracurricular activities in accordance with the plan of study chosen and the fees and conditions stipulated on the website and in brochures.
- All students are required to attend classes and notify the school in case of absence. The school reserves the right to expel any student who repeatedly fails to comply with the basic standards of behavior and respect to teachers, peers, the host family or any other member of staff or infringes the laws of the country, which will entail dismissal from the course and accommodation without right to any refund.
Terms of the classes/Course Bookings
- All students with the exception of those at the level of beginner are required to take a level test.
- All course fees must be paid before the first day of class. The school reserves the right to cancel the student’s reservation for non-payment.
- The maximum number of students per class is eight.
- All comments, claims, schedule changes, etc. should be made to the school coordinators and directors.
- Classes that are missed due to a student’s absence cannot be recovered
- For organizational reasons the school may have to substitute a course teacher. All substitute teachers are experienced and qualified.
- Students are not permitted to defer their course once it has started. All course fees are non-refundable during periods of deferment. The dates of the booking cannot be modified once the course has started.
- The school is closed on local and national public holidays and such days will not be recuperated.
- To be eligible for Diplomas at Languages4Life, students must take and pass exams for each level. Also Languages4Life, upon request of a student, can produce a Certificate of Attendance to the course. To receive this certificate, you must have attended 80% or more of the classes.
- Languages4Life will integrate in its curriculum and promote the preparation of the following official exams: DELE (Cervantes Institute), University Certificates Cambridge PET, FCE, CAE, CPE and TOEFL and TOEIC (ETS – Educational Testing Services) and GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Council)
Languages4Life reserves the right to:
- Change a student’s group or offer other classes to those who, for any reason can not keep pace with the group or do not integrate into it properly.
- Deny access to the classroom of any student fifteen minutes late out of respect for the other students in the class, with exceptions and at the discretion of the school.
- Make adjustments (reset time, reduced hours, integrate into another group) if the number of students in a group is reduced to less than 4.
- Cancel a course which does not meet the minimum number of students. In case of any cancellation by Languages4Life of a course which has not yet started, students will be reimbursed the full amount for the reservation or any other payment that has been made in advance.
- Change course structures and timetables when necessary.
- Students in private classes have the right to cancel classes and reschedule them, provided that the school receives notice of cancellation 24 hours in advance in writing, and from Monday to Friday between 9:30 and 20:30.
- If the student cancels the class with less than 24 hours notice, the class will not be rescheduled. Nonetheless, it is necessary to notify the school at least one hour before the class’ scheduled time.
- The teacher shall be available to teach the class for 30 minutes after the scheduled time of any given class. If the student does not show up, nor is there any notice to the school that a student is coming, the class will be canceled due to lack of attendance. If the student is delayed, the lost time won’t be made up for. If the delay is greater than 30 minutes, the teacher is not obliged to wait and the class will be cancelled.
Languages4Life’s Cancellation and Refund Policy
- In case of cancellation of the course and/or accommodation, the following amounts will be refunded:
- Cancellations 14 days before the start date of the course: 75% refund of the amount paid.
- Cancellations between 13 and 8 days before the course starts: 50% refund of the amount paid.
- Cancellations less than 8 days before the starting date will not be entitled to any refund.
- The costs of missed classes due to illness, early return, late arrival, acts of God, etc. .. will not be refunded..
- Refunds will be made using the same method of payment the student used to book their course.
Once a course has begun:
- When a student cancels any course for any reason, the amount paid and not used is not refundable. However, Languages4Life may issue a voucher for the student with a validity of 1 year to be used to attend a future course.
- The amount paid for accommodations is not refundable.
- Any enrollment fee is not refundable.
- Students arriving from outside the EU that wish to study for more than 90 days are required to obtain a student visa to enter Spain.
- Students who require the school to issue official documentation in order to support a student visa application must pay their total course fees in advance. The fees related to shipping these documents must be paid by the student in advance.
- The reservation payment of 300€ for a course is not refundable, even if the student visa is denied.
- The remaining amount of any given course must be paid at least 15 days before the starting date of the first class.
- Students who have been issued documents for the purpose of applying for a visa cannot change the end date of their course once it has started.
Upon signing the student enrollment form or paying the course fees, the student accepts all the terms and conditions stated above.
Services Free of Charge
Languages4Life offers you the following services to enhance your learning experience:
- Unlimited access to the internet on iMac computers during Languages4Life‘s opening hours.
- Access to the library and study area.
- Acceso to the the sun-porch lounge.
- Internet access for mobile devices via a protected WIFI network.
- Advice about the city, housing, banks, visas, restaurants, etc. from seasoned city dwellers.
- Reception of mail, packages, calls, e-mails and FAXes.
- Books and videos on loan.
- Cultural and extra-curricular activities.
- Languages Exchange with other students.
- Emergency number for Students: 610175354
Insurance and Health
- Languages4Life has Civil Liability Insurance which covers any potencial incidents or minor accidents which may occur in its center.
- Languages4Life will not be responsible for the loss or theft of any personal property.
- Languages4Life recommends students from abroad to take up an Insurance Policy which would cover any potential problems which could come up during their trip and their stay with us, such as illness, loss of luggage, cancellation of the course, Civil Liability.
- In case of any emergency or unexpected problem (server illness, loss of passports, theft, etc…) Languages4Life puts the following emergency number at student’s disposal 24 hours a day: 610175354.
These rules and general inforamtion are valid from the date of their publication on the web. In order to consult the most up to date version, please follow this link: