Intensive English at Languages4Life
Move up a level in 100 hours of class! Learn English quickly and effectively with our intensive courses at Languages4Life. Reach the level of English you’ve always wanted, to improve your employment opportunities, travel or to simply develop personally. The classes are tailored for your needs and designed to advance efficiently and quickly, all taught by experienced and qualified teachers.
Dates and timetables 2019/20
10 weeks, Monday to Thursday
2.5 hours per day
Why do the intensive English course?
This course is ideal for you if:
- You want to improve your oral fluency.
- You love speaking in English.
- You want to work on your conversation skills.
- You like studying in small groups (8 students maximum).
All of our courses follow a teaching method based on active student participation in class. In this way, the student has control over their own learning process, with the teacher there to help guide them and answer questions.
The classes are engaging and taught 100% in English.
The activities (dialogues, role play, presentations, pair work, etc.) come from real-life contexts and introduce important functional language such as giving or asking for information, expressing your opinion, discussing your likes and dislikes, managing social interactions, etc.
The classes are fun, engaging and dynamic and led by qualified teachers with lots of experience.
What will I learn in each level?
Our Spanish course levels follow the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The boxes below give a description of what you will learn at each level, once you complete level test we’ll know exactly which course to place you in.
A1 - BEGINNER
- Introduce yourself and other people. Give and ask for basic information.
- Describe people’s apperances, objects, places and situations.
- Express your likes and dislikes.
- Describe your family and friends.
- Talk about clothes, stores and shopping.
- Make suggestions.
- Ask for and give the time. Talk about dates and numbers.
- Describe the seasons and the weather.
- Describe transportation methods, cities and countries.
- Talk about possessions.
A2 - LOWER INTERMEDIATE
- Describe habits and routines.
- Describe and narrate experiences and past events.
- Discuss eating habits and lifestyles.
- Give advice.
- Talk about future plans.
- Give directions and instructions.
- Describe people’s characters and personalities.
B1 - INTERMEDIATE
- Tell anecdotes and stories.
- Express wishes and feelings.
- Talk about hypothetical situations.
- Discuss fictional stories.
- Express and justify your opinions.
- Describe emotions and give advice.
- Discuss the news and current events.
- Talk about achievements.
- Talk about the environment and social issues.
B2 - UPPER INTERMEDIATE
- Participate in discussions and describe your point of view.
- Retell stories in other peoples’ words.
- Express hypothetical conditions.
- Give detailed and accurate explanations of preferences, descriptions and personal experiences.
- Tell anecdotes.
- Talk about wishes and regrets.
- Discuss future hopes and plans.
- Discuss art and culture.
C1 - ADVANCED
- Express yourself with ease, spontaneity and effectiveness in social, academic and professional scenarios.
- Make jokes and use double meanings or irony.
- Be able to understand a wide variety of discourses: literary texts, films, scholarly articles, television, etc.
- Produce clear, fluent and well-structured speech with controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- Speculate and use vague language.
- Discuss controversial topics.
- Use language of persuasion, frustration, criticism, evaluation and negotiation.
C2 - PROFICIENCY
- Participate in any conversation or discussion with ease.
- Be able to understand virtually everything you hear or read with ease.
- Use idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms.
- Express yourself fluently and accurately while conveying nuances.
- Learn to overcome communication problems with discretion.
Why choose Languages4Life?
Frequently asked questions
What will the classes be like?
You will be in a small group of students (six maximum) and do a mixture of activities from both the textbook and interactive whiteboard. Our classes are student-centred, which means that the focus is on the students speaking and practising. They are structured and led by our experienced teachers, with each lesson focussed on one or two language points. There will also be plenty of time to review and recycle what you have learned, giving you the necessary practice to achieve fluency in English.
What is the communicative approach?
What does 'immersion' mean?
I feel shy speaking in English. How can you help me?
You’ll also enjoy our excellent customer service – all our coordination and reception staff are friendly and helpful and are here to make your time at the school as pleasant and stress-free as possible!
I am a complete beginner. Does the teacher speak my language?
Which level is best for me?
Click para ver más: