Semi-intensive Spanish at Languages4Life
Dedicate some time to regular study at Languages4Life and finally become fluent in Spanish. The classes are highly communicative with a heavy focus on speaking and listening, but you’ll also cover reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. You’ll benefit greatly from regular study to improve your confidence when interacting with Barcelona locals.
Course dates (online until further notice)
Why do semi-intensive Spanish?
This course is ideal for you if:
- You want to combine Spanish lessons with work/study.
- You are going to be in Barcelona long term and want to be integrated into city life.
- You want to feel confident speaking Spanish.
What will I learn at each level?
Our Spanish course levels follow the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The boxes below give a description of what you will learn at each level, once you complete level test we’ll know exactly which course to place you in.
A1 - BEGINNER
- Introduce yourself and meet other people.
- Describe people, objects, places, situations or weather.
- Express your likes and dislikes.
- Describe your family and friends.
- Describe the market, clothes and shopping.
- Make suggestions.
- Time, dates, numbers.
- Describe the seasons.
- Describe transport, cities, countries.
- Describe possessions.
A2 - LOWER INTERMEDIATE
- Describe routines and habits.
- Describe and narrate experiences and events in the past.
- Discuss diet and lifestyle.
- Use polite forms and give advice.
- Talk about the future and plans.
- Give directions and instructions.
- Describe appearances.
B1 - INTERMEDIATE
- Describe experiences, anecdotes, stories and tales of the past.
- Express your desires and feelings.
- Talk about hypothetical situations.
- Discuss fictional stories.
- Express and justify your opinions.
- Describe emotions and give advice.
- Describe and respond to the news and current events.
- Describe achievements.
- Discuss the environment and social issues.
B2 - UPPER INTERMEDIATE
- Participate in discussions and describe your viewpoint.
- Retell stories in other peoples’ words.
- Express hypothetical conditions.
- Give detailed and accurate explanations of preferences, descriptions, personal experiences.
- Tell anecdotes.
- Describe wishes and regrets.
- Discuss future hopes and plans.
- Discuss the arts and culture.
C1 - ADVANCED
- Express yourself with ease, spontaneity and effectiveness in social, academic and professional scenarios.
- Make jokes and use double meanings or irony.
- Be able to understand a wide variety of discourses: literary texts, films, scholarly articles, television, etc.
- Produce clear speech, fluent and well-structured with a controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- Speculate and use vague language.
- Discuss controversy.
- Use language of persuasion, frustration, criticism, evaluation, negotiation.
C2 - PROFICIENT
- Take part in any conversation or discussion with ease.
- Be able to understand with ease virtually everything you hear or read.
- Use idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms.
- Express yourself fluently and accurately while conveying nuances.
- Learn to overcome communication problems with discretion.
Frequently asked questions
What will the classes be like?
What does 'immersion' mean?
I feel shy about speaking Spanish!
I am a complete beginner. Does the teacher speak my language?
What is the communicative approach?
Which level is best for me?
Click to find out more: