Barcelona student visa

Get expert assistance on all your study permit, work permit, and visa needs in Spain.

Learning Spanish In Barcelona Has Never Been Easier

One of the best ways to learn a language is to immerse yourself in the surrounding culture. When you take a Languages4Life Spanish course, we also help you apply for the relevant Spanish visas. Sign up for a course below to get started.

Check our course prices

EU citizens with valid European passports do not require a visa to live and study in Spain.

Non-EU citizens, ​including Europeans from outside the EU​, require a visa to live in Spain. For stays under three months, a tourist visa is sufficient.

Ready To Start Your Journey Towards Fluency?

Take your free language assessment today.

95% Visa Success Rate

At Languages4Life, our goal is to make your experience in Barcelona as productive and stress-free as possible.

Affordable Courses
Languages4Life tuition starts at just 277€/month, making it a cost-effective way to learn Spanish.
Work in Spain
Develop real-world language skills (and earn extra cash) working up to 20 hours per week.
No Hidden Fees
All visa application and processing fees are included in your total tuition cost.
Languages4Life Support
Get speedy, helpful solutions at every stage of your journey.

Before Barcelona:

  • Personalized Course Selection
  • Paperwork & Application Assistance
  • Exclusive Health Coverage Discounts for Non-EU Students

During Your Stay:

  • Help with Spanish Forms, Translations, and Documents
  • Residency Registration Assistance (​Empadronamiento​)
  • NIE Appointment Booking

Visa Document Checklist

The Spanish Consulate requires the following:

iconCheckBoxPassport (valid for 6 months beyond your stay in Spain)
iconCheckBoxSpanish Student Visa Application Form (download here)
iconCheckBox2 x Passport Photos
iconCheckBoxOfficial Letter of Acceptance from Languages4Life
iconCheckBoxCriminal Background Check
iconCheckBoxMedical Certificate
iconCheckBoxMedical Insurance (see below)
iconCheckBoxProof of Funds
iconCheckBoxProof of Home Country Address

Health Insurance

To study in Spain, students are required to have valid health insurance. For help obtaining health insurance, consult the following links.


iconCheckBoxGeneral Info
iconCheckBoxHealth Coverage Info


iconCheckBoxHealth Questionnaire
iconCheckBoxRepatriation Request and Authorization

Frequently Asked Questions

How many hours can I work on a student visa?

Officially up to 20 hours per week on an internship contract.

Do I need to sign up to 7 months?

If you would like to work in Barcelona, yes. This is the minimum amount of time required by the Spanish government in order to qualify for a long-term student visa, which will allow you to work legally. You can study for less time if you like and get a 3-6 month student visa, but you will not be allowed to work.

How long does it take to process a student visa?

It varies from country to country but on average you should give yourself 2 months from start to finish.